Director of Catering Sales and Operations
A catering sales manager targets and coordinates catering sales efforts. The job involves initiation and development of quality leads to ensure growth of catering sales. The primary responsibility of a catering sales manager is to develop existing business and solicit new catering business through catering lead generation and catering sales marketing while overseeing the process of the sales team. The sales manager solicits new catering customers through traditional and non-traditional sales techniques. Other important duties include booking, selling, planning and coordinating events while assuring the highest level of customer service. Generating revenue, establishing new accounts, booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high. Conducting catering sales presentations and catering sales calls also falls under the purview of a catering sales manager job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enhance and execute sales strategies, plans and projections.
- Ensure activities are in line with the developed sales objectives.
- Plan and implement sales programs.
- Keep staff motivated to provide the highest standard of service.
- Managing financial planning and budgets.
- Meeting with suppliers and customers.
- Discussing contract requirements with customers.
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, referrals, trade shows, sales missions, internet prospecting, etc).
- Manage CRM database.
- Achieve or exceed individual sales goals and ancillary service goals.
- Build rapport and lasting relationships with prospective and current clients.
- Meet weekly, monthly and/or quarterly sales quotas
- Degree from an accredited 4-year College or University preferred; a major in sales, marketing, business, and/or communications preferred, but not required.
- 2 or more years of previous sales experience in catering sales required.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Confidence to perform on an incentive-based salary and work collectively.
- Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must possess a passion for food and hospitality.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly disposition.
- Enjoys working within a team.
- Strong time management skills and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of CRMs.